~*Belle's garden*~

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Field of Dreams- A Tribute to the National Stadium

Firslty, an update on my condition... I lost my voice voice for 3 days. For once i thought i am going mute. It was only until yesterday when Teddy bought and brewed some herbs for me did i get better. I am finally speakin again. The herbal tea tasted quite good and it is definitely efficient in helping to regain voice. Next in line is to cure my cough. Teddy kept asking me (jokingly) "shi4 shui2 de3 gong1 lao2" but i refused to answer. You gotta see his "de2 yi4" look. haha. Well, deep down in my heart, all credits should go to him of course. muackz. Come to think about that, it is good to have an auntie boyfriend, one who is willing to visit the market, one who cooks and do the dishes and one who knows about traditional prescriptions... haha :X So Teddy, what is more efficient to tame my cough than Robitussin? haha.

Our initial plan yesterday was to spend a day in Sentosa. However, we found something more meaningful awaiting us. We went to sistic, bought the tickets and headed to National Stadium to bid farewell to the Grand Old Dame of Singapore Sports. The first match at 5pm featured football lengends- a match between Singapore and Malaysia's ex-national players. The second match (and the last match before the stadium is demolish) was between Singapore and Australia. Although Singapore lost (final score: 3-0), i think they played excitingly. Our team was grabbing all opportunities to attack. The fans' support was great. They were cheering throughout and managed to lead some successful Kallang waves. I said some because it got abit too frequent and the spectators became a little incooperative towards the end. haha... too engross in the match u see... It was my first time to be part of the waves... great experience i should say. It was also interesting to witness how the crowd cheered (with funny comments) and boo-ed (ya, for our own team *peng*) for the Singapore team. Of course, not forgetting to take some pics...

After which, we watched Transformers at Vivo. Yeah, another childhood favorite, just like Ninja Turtles. I remembered vaguely that I used to like the red one, jie jie the yellow one, gor gor the blue one... huiying leh? Belle's rating for the movie- 9.2/10. Graphics and storyline is great. The remaining 0.8... well, i thought the different robots are supposed to combine into into? deduct points for not doing so (who knows i remember wrongly)... haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home